NOVEMBER 1 – DECEMBER 20, 2021
The Fire Departments of Ventura County team up every year for the Spark of Love toy drive, the largest community toy drive in the nation. For more than 29 years, your local firefighters have been collecting donations for distribution to Ventura County children and teens in need of a happier holiday experience.
This special community campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for underserved children and teens in Ventura County. This year we are also supporting Food Share. Dedicated to leading the fight against hunger in Ventura County, Food Share will be providing boxes of food to families served thru this year’s toy drive. Non-perishable food and toys can be dropped off at any participating location. All donations collected stay within our community.
In 2020, through generous donations from our communities, more than 15,000 local children and teens through over 30 non-profits were gifted by the kindness of our neighbors, businesses, and supporting sponsors. Due to the effects of the pandemic and devastating wildfires, we anticipate this year’s requests for toys will reach higher than ever.
HOW TO DONATE
1) DROP OFF A TOY: Now through December 20th, you can drop off new, unwrapped toys, sports equipment, and non-perishable food at any fire station or participating location. (Subject to change anytime due to public health protocol)
2) Donate here through the Ventura County Professional Firefighters Association (VCPFA) Donations are tax-deductible and will go towards buying toys locally and supporting children and teens.
3) Purchase a gift on our registry: https://tinyurl.com/4kfp7mxv
- 11/17 The Collection at Riverpark Tree lighting, Oxnard
- 12/03 Stuff a Bus – The Collection at Riverpark, Oxnard
- 12/10 Ventura Chamber – Ventura
- 12/11 Simi Valley PD Explorers Toy Drive – Simi Valley Town Center
- 12/18 Conejo Cars and Coffee – Thousand Oaks
All donated toys and gift cards are collected and distributed through partner organizations and agencies to make the holidays brighter for local families experiencing financial difficulties this time of year. Monetary donations are put back into local businesses throughout Ventura County to purchase gifts or gift cards for our local youth and families. We are grateful for and impressed by your kindness and giving spirit.